The Official Rules for Riedell Skates and Eclipse Blades contests and promotions are below.
Visit us on Instagram to see our current promotion.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Riedell Shoes, Inc. (“Sponsor”) may occasionally conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other giveaways (individually and collectively called, “Promotions”) on social media/networking websites including but not limited to Facebook.com, Instagram, Twitter.com, Pinterest.com, and any others that maybe be applicable. Unless specifically noted otherwise by Sponsor, these terms and conditions shall serve as the official rules for any such Promotion conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor may terminate, extend, suspend or alter any Promotion in its sole discretion.
Any Promotions offered by Riedell Shoe, Inc. (“Sponsor”) on these Social Media Sites are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the aforementioned Social Media Sites. The entrant understands that they are providing their information to Riedell Shoes, Inc. and not to any Social Media Site.
1) ENTRY: No Purchase is necessary to participate or win. A purchase will not improve one’s chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local taxes apply. You must be a member of the Social Media Site on which the Promotion is being conducted to participate in the Promotion. Fraudulent or duplicate accounts that Sponsor is made aware of will be disqualified from participation. Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by the Sponsor in the Promotion’s offer on Social Media Site. All entries must be received within the time period stated by Sponsor during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void.
2) ELIGIBILITY: Unless otherwise specified, Promotions are open to all humans worldwide who are 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Riedell Shoes, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and their Affiliated Partner Companies, respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to win.
INSTAGRAM PHOTO PROMOTION 2017 SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to those who submit entries through public Instagram content or are searchable within reasonable means via promotional hashtag and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants under the age of 18 must have a release consent form (provided by Sponsor) signed by a parent or guardian and approved by Sponsor to be considered eligible. The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and Canada, and is void where prohibited.
3) HOW TO ENTER: Entry into any promotion will only be via the method specified by Sponsor in the Promotion’s offer on the Social Media Site. Unless otherwise specified by Sponsor, you may enter as often as you wish. All entries must include the information requested by Sponsor to be eligible. Examples of information requested by Sponsor for entry into Promotion may include, but is not limited to:
b) Requests to “Like”, “Share”, “Tweet”, “Follow”, “Regram” or “Tag” the Sponsor in a post on a personal Social Media Site.
c) Use of specified Hashtag to enter into a Promotion.
4) AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Promotion (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Riedell Shoes, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Promotion.
5) PROMOTION PERIOD SPECIFIC TO INSTAGRAM PROMOTION 2017: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 22, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. CST and ending April 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST. All online entries must be received by April 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
6) HOW TO ENTER (PROMOTION) SPECIFIC TO INSTAGRAM PROMOTION 2017: The Promotion must be entered by submitting an entry using the #SYNCHROWITHPASSION hashtag. The entry must fulfill all Promotion requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You may as many times as you want. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
7) GENERAL PROMOTIONAL PRIZES: The number of prizes awarded in a Promotion will vary, but in no event will the total value of any prize awarded in any promotion exceed $250. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the Prize Specific description. Examples of prizes may include, but is not limited to, Sponsor’s promotional merchandise such as stickers, signed collateral or photographs, promotional collateral materials, t-shirts, tank tops, Riedell Shoes, Inc. and Eclipse Blades product and other sport appropriate apparel and accessories or specific interactions with the Sponsor and Sponsor Brands.
PROMOTIONAL PRIZES SPECIFIC TO INSTAGRAM PROMOTION 2017: The Winner(s) of the Promotion (the “Winner”) will receive one Limited Edition OneTeamMVMT (co-branded with Riedell) T-shirt. Ten (10) total Available for give away. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Refusal or inability of a chosen Winner to comply with the terms of the Promotion may result in disqualification of the Winner and subsequent Winner reselection.
8) ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9) GENERAL WINNER SELECTION: All Promotions start and end dates (time, duration) will be governed solely and officially by the Sponsor’s clock, as the official time keeper. Employees of the Sponsor will select winner according to the Promotion type, whether that is randomly or through a base of judgement.
a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winner will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor.
b) If a prize is offered to the first number of votes, posts, reponses, “tweet,” etc. (collectively, “Responses”), Sponsor will determine any such winners based on the order in which such Responses are received by Sponsor.
c) In the event winners are selected based on the “best” submitted story, photo, essay, message or other similar type of submission (“Submissions”), Sponsor will judge such Submissions and select the winners based equally on the originality and creativity of each Submission. All Submissions must be original unpublished works created by the individual entering such Submission and all submission will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
d) Any photos submitted by the entrant through “tagging” of posting on a Social Media Site may not contain the trademarks of any third party, nor may they contain lewd, inappropriate, threatening or obscene, defamatory or libelous images or content. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, display any submitted photo in any media, including on Sponsor’s Website, Printed Materials or Social Media Pages. By submitting a photo, entrants agree that the photo does not infringe on the intellectual property of other rights of any third party, does not violate any laws, nor does it contain a virus. Entrant hereby accepts all liability and responsibility for the submission should it break any of the above stated restrictions, rules or laws. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for entrant submitted content in violation or laws, rules or restrictions and does not condone, endorse or permit any violation.
e) Sponsor’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
10) GENERAL NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within five (5) business days following the conclusion of the Promotion by a direct message through the Social Media Site utilized in the Promotion or via e-mail and/or telephone (if applicable). If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Riedell Shoes, Inc. reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION SPECIFIC TO INSTAGRAM PROMOTION 2017: Winner will be selected by Promotion administrator choice under the supervision of Riedell Shoes, Inc.. Winner will be notified by email or the social media platform through which the Winner submitted their promotion entry within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Riedell Shoes, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Promotion is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PROMOTION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Winner selection will occur every Monday by 12:00 PMCST during the Promotion duration using entries from the prior week closing that Sunday at 11:50 PM CST. Riedell Shoes, Inc. will draw an additional winner for two of the weeks based on quality of entries at their discretion. During the weeks with a second winner two (2) winners will be notified on the same timeline and following the same procedures as established for the Promotion. The timing of bonus winners will be at Riedell Shoes, Inc.’s discretion.
11) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, RIEDELL SHOES, INC. AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (“RELEASED PARTIES” FROM ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM, OR RELATED TO, PARTICIAPATION IN THE PROMOTION(S).
By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Riedell Shoes, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12) RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Riedell Shoes, Inc. , anyone acting on behalf of Riedell Shoes, Inc., and Riedell Shoes, Inc. licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes – without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Riedell Shoes, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Riedell Shoes, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
13) TERMS & CONDITIONS: All Promotion participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Further, the decision of the Sponsor shall be final on all matters relation to Promotions. Promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial laws and regulations. Promotions shall be void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor and Related Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen or undelivered entries or prizes. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbles or delayed Internet/electronic computer entries of for any malfunction of technical errors occurring on any Social Media Site on which a promotion is conducted. If a technical error or other circumstance prevents Sponsor form successfully executing a Promotion, Riedell Shoes, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion and/or to select winners for prize(s) from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Riedell Shoes, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Riedell Shoes, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Riedell Shoes, Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Riedell Shoes, Inc. Riedell Shoes, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Riedell Shoes, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Promotion, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Promotion rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Riedell Shoes, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14) CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and constructed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Minnesota.
All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Minnesota and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgements and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such Promotion but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than the actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be constructed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
15) DISPUTES: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America AND Minnesota, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
18) WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request noting the applicable Promotion along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Riedell Shoes, Inc.
Attention: Winner’s Lists
122 Cannon River Ave N
Red Wing, MN, United States 55066
Requests must be received within Thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable promotion.
19) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is
Riedell Shoes, Inc.
122 Cannon River Ave N
Red Wing, MN, United States 55066
20) By submitting entry into this Promotion, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.