Your coach and the dealer may make recommendations, but as the skater, you (with input from your parents) should base your decision on boot quality, options and personal preference.
Seven key factors to look for in a brand:
- A solid reputation for quality and a history of serving the ice skating industry.
- A wide range of models and sizes to choose from.
- The ability to customize so you can make modifications to meet your specific skating needs.
- A wide range of pricing to meet your budget.
- A solid dealer network.
- Knowledgeable sales staff and reliable customer service teams.
- Quality information regarding product offerings to help you make a decision you will be happy with.